2nd and 4th Period EOC practice
1.Copy your slide show address from the share button
2 On the link below with YOUR period highlight your name
3. Hit the Control K Button
4. Hit Control V to paste the slide show address into your name as a LINK
5. Hit enter to finish the command.
Loss of points for not doing this or not taking your time!
4th period only
2nd Period and 4th Period
EOC Practice Tests
EOC Practice Test 1 https://www.quia.com/quiz/6844983.html
EOC Practice Test 2 https://www.quia.com/quiz/6845021.html.
EOC Practice Test 3 https://www.quia.com/quiz/6845039.html
The following contests referenced from:
Popsicle stick bridge
Each team must design and construct a popsicle stick bridge. The bridge must rise a minimum height and span a gap between two tabletops. The bridge will be weighed and then tested to see how much weight it will support.
The winning design is the one that has the highest ratio of supported weight to bridge weight.
Egg drop vehicle
Each team must design and construct an egg drop vehicle. The vehicle must carry a raw egg safely to the ground. The vehicle will be dropped out the first floor window of the high school. If the egg survives the drop, the vehicle will be dropped again from the second floor window. If it survives, it is dropped again, etc. If the egg survives a drop from the fourth floor, then we will break open the egg to make sure it isn’t hard-boiled.
The winning design is the one that survives the highest drop.
Each team must design and construct a mousetrap car. The car will be a simple vehicle powered by a mousetrap spring. The car will be started by pulling back the spring and then releasing it from the starting line. The total distance that the vehicle travels will be recorded.
The winning car will be the car that travels farthest.
Autocad Pratice tests
Bridge Design Software!
All students and classes work on
TEST 3 Training in Autocad! Keep working until you are finished!
Forces of flight!
035401 <<—- 4th period quizizz.com
Rocket quiz Forces of flight
Excited about today.. Class starter.. This is a “Musk” watch for Entrepreneurs and Engineers! Focus on Elon Musk … What do you think is the most important thing Elon said and why?
Paul Hsu Where you told that you could not achieve what you set out to do? We are sharing some great stories with our students. https://guardiansofthedream.com
2nd Sonic Sensor
Go to.. https://quizizz.com
Monday Wave Quiz! #1 GAME CODE 843252 Late Code 563885
Tuesday Electrical #2 GAME CODE 062204 Late Code 492643
Wednesday Electrical Circuits #3 GAME CODE 715729 Late Code 590028
Thursday Electrical Safety #4 GAME CODE 971604 Late Code 050016
READ carefully and DO ALL!
ALL classes sign up for Khan Academy
Go to Http://KhanAcademy.com and sign up.
Then click on your Name in the top right hand corner of the web page!
Click on Profile and then look for Coaches on the Ribbon! Add Sean McSheehy or @EngineerNinja
OR click HERE and add then click on coach!
and then ADD Sean McSheehy@EngineerNinja
You will get a big grade for this.. so do not skip it!
Then do the following courses! I will be looking!
Friday October 27th
All 5 Quizz’s due (See Wednesday) ***NO MAKE UP***
Tech article #7 is due
Drawing of your Car is Due.
Draw and Dimension your house-The one you live in. Its should be 2d Ariel view. Dimensions/Name etc
Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
1. 214225 Forces and Motion https://join.quizizz.com
2. 294722 Cyber Security
3. 713266 Genetic Engineering
4. 958907 Class Rules
5. 319157 Engineering Vocab.
Take the following Quizzes:
055738 Measurements CAD
747018 Electrical Engineering
726660 or 887634 Programing
******************************************** 1st and 3rd Period ONLY + Above
2 Tries at Training 1
2 Scores on Training 2
1 practice test for both TESTS
******************************************** 2nd and 4th Period ONLY + Above
Read Chapter 3 and take test in Aviation BOOK Tuesday
Read Chapter 4 and take test in Aviation BOOK Wednesday
Work on programming and competition do all the above in all Class assignments.
NEW 9 WEEKS!!! Yippy Skippy!
841111 Computer Trouble Shooting
Due this week
- 3 Tech Articles
- Gmetrix Practice test 1 ( I will take the highest score)
- Car drawing. Dimensioned with name
- Print your best score and put it in the class basket for Gmetrix Autodesk.
********Second Period and Fourth Period ***********
Join Class TXM688 @ Quia.com
Aviation Book Go to:
Tech Articles and Set up!
MUST BE CURRENT!
2. Link Back
3. Minimum of 50 words
4. PUT IT IN YOUR OWN WORDS
5. Must have a picture.
6. Number the Article (BIG number) and list them in reverse order.
7. Put them in a Google Doc called
8. Put the most recent at the top
9. Make sure you put the tech article file in your Collections folder!
10. A tech article will be due each Friday!
The following site is an example of a place you can find a technical topic to write on:
Tech Article #2
With advances in technology becoming more and more great as the years go bye, Apple Inc. has decided to make the new iPhones, partially, waterproof. In late 2015 Apple got the patent for “protective barrier” designed to cover non-waterproof ports on the phone, allowing the phone to be one step closer to being waterproof. The main goal for Apple making the next generation of iPhones waterproof is allowing the customer to be able to take perfectly color-balanced pictures underwater. iPhones are already behind on the national trend that is “waterproof”, it would not be surprising if the next generation had some kind of waterproof capability.
Tech Article #1
Duke University conducted The Walk Again Project being lead in São Paulo, Brazil. The Walk Again project is conducting paralysis experiments on people who haven’t walked for many years. The patients who undergo Dr. Miguel Nicolelis’ research are placed in a sensory awareness suit, allowing them to feel the environment around them as they are in VR. “If you don’t provide a sense of touch, then you don’t create a sense of reality” (Dr. Miguel Nicolelis). These small interactions with VR have lead to surviving nerves being awakened, the connection between brain and nerves alive. Their research has been underway for 23 months and hopefully more to come.
We have 4 drawings already!
1. Make sure you export them all as a PDF.
2. Place them in your student file***
3. Name them
Drawing1_Hologram_Your Name Should be scaled as I noted
Drawing2 Bike_Your Name Should be scaled as I noted
Drawing3 Car_Your Name
Drawing4 Rocket_Your Name
Put them in your MAIN folder and not a SUBfolder.
4. All drawings should be scaled and dimensioned as stated.
5. All drawings should have your Name Period and Title above the drawing.
One of your Bike drawing should be signed by your parents and returned.
6. Make sure you have a quizziz.com account and have Signed up for one.
You should sign in to take Quizziz As follows:
You will have to do the test over if you did not put your name in correctly to receive credit.
Happy Friday Sept. 1st
Continue taking practice test 2014 Practice 1 and Practice 2
Draw a Car using Autocad. You can free style this! Have a good weekend.
- Go to www.gmetrix.net and, if necessary, create a user account by clicking on “Sign up now.”
- Once registered, log in to www.gmetrix.net.
- Redeem the access code “01261-GMXACU1-17652″ by entering it into the “Enter Access Code” field or by clicking on “Redeem Code” at the top-right corner of the window.
- Click “Go” next to the access code and select the desired test from the dropdown menus.
If you have any questions regarding your license, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Study: https://quizlet.com/152629150/autocad-short-cuts-flash-cards/
2. The take :936207 Dimensions Autocad at https://join.quizizz.com
3. Draw the following bike using the steps below:
- Make the Wheels 3 inches then use offset of .25 inches More!
- Make 18 spokes using Polar Array
- Make the wheels 12 inches appart
- Make the crank Circle 1 inch and offset .1 inches More
- Put the crank circle 6 inches away from back tire
- Fee lance the rest! =)
Click on the LINK below and put your First and Last name in your seat and your student number.
Monday Eclipse Quizz!
Newtons Law Review
**Important – When taking a test put your name in as follows: Period_LastName_FirstName.
1st Period would be 1_Walker_Joe
2nd Period would be 2_Walker_Joe
Tuesday The History Of Engineering
Go to https://quizizz.com/join/
Go to https://quizizz.com/join/
Put in the following:
Create a Folder and Name using the following format:
The first number on the folder is the period so Second Periods would look like:
Once you create the folder then share the folder with Mr. McSheehy (Mr. Mac)
Share with both emails:
Mcsheehys@okaloosaSchools.com and email@example.com
Intro about Summer Time.
Label the document LastName_firstname_Summer 2017
1. Summer Time – 1 Paragraph/7 Sentence Minimum/2 pictures PUT A PICTURE OF YOU AT THE TOP!
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? 1 paragraph/7 sentence min./1 Picture (Tell me what that profession does)
3. What are your goals for this year? List 5 goals
4. What is your favorite Food? Picture
5. Load Autocad 2018 and See Intro!
Autocad Practice Test
EOC Practice Test
Thursday Friday *****Part 1 and 2
Study Sets – Make sure you are logged in to your account.
You will have to do them again if you are not logged in. No exceptions.
DO THE FLASH CARDS/MATCHING AND TEST FOR EACH STUDY SET
Go to Quizlet.com Do the activities as follows:
YOU WILL LOSE BIG TIME POINTS IF YOU DO NOT DO THEM THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.. NO EXCEPTIONS
Put all your project slides and pictures into Google Presentations.
Once finished put to video and must have music.
Make sure you are registered for Certiport and can load the testing software.Register Here Certiport.com
Make sure that you have a testing shortcut on your desktop!
If the testing center does not load correctly then you will need to take the following steps:
Once registered make sue ALL of the steps work as shown here:
You should have a short cut on your desktop that says Certiport Testing Short Cut. If you do not have this then I will come help you add the short cut to your desktop.
Certiport Browser Lockdown 3 – (requires login)
|Pop-up blockers including Google, Yahoo, and other Internet Explorer-installed blockers and automatic updates||
Pop-up blocking settings from all sources should be disabled during testing. Automatic software updates including Windows updates should be turned off or set to not occur during testing.
|Adobe Flash Player|
Note: It is recommended you install the .NET Framework
Take practice test. Print Certificate and turn in with your name on it.
Sign up @Quizlett
*****Make sure you join the right class:***
Engineering Study Set. Need test on file!
******************Read both references BELOW!!! ********************.
Friday January 13th
17 Tech Articles Due Today!!
4 Practice Tests due to today!!
*******Welcome Back Second Semester! *********** January 4th Wednesday
Class Presidents Read the following over PA to class:
Robotics meeting tomorrow!
We have a lot to DO!!
Make a document called 2017
In this document insert 2 pictures that can include any or a combination of the following:
1. Things you received
2. Places you went
3. Things you did
Insert a 3rd picture that has you or your profile etc.
https://quizizz.com/ Game Code 787366
Take Autocad 2014 Practice Test number 1
5th Period Take Autodesk Inventor Practice Tests
Finish Mag Lev Cars Wednesday and Thursday if everything is finished from previous Action Items !
Qualifying Races start on Friday!!
******* Semester Exam Practice Tests ***********
Half your Exam –
1. Pictures of your car with your name/period on the wood/foam sections
2. Video of your car going down the track with you in the video with an intro to your car and your car name.
2nd Period and 4th TECH STUDIES ONLY Period http://www.quia.com/quiz/6119254.html
1st and 3rd Intro to Engineering 012874 JOIN LINK
5th Period Exam Practice Test https://www.quia.com/quiz/6119175.html
Phone Apps Buiid your own
Its Cyber Monday!
Take the following Quizz: 247657
Work on Tech Articles
Finish My GetReady to work!
5th Period take the following Quizz. Work on Tech Articles and finish My Get Ready to work!
Assignment for 10/10
3d Solids Quick Review
Finish My Florida Get Ready to Work Click on the link Below
https://myfloridareadytowork.com/ Due Friday
The Engineering Design Process Test 306336 join.quizizz.com
9 Weeks Exam 488727
9 Weeks Exam Practice
Quizizz 665079Continue My Florida Get Ready to Work!!
join.quizizz.com Aviation!!!! Engineering 457776
Take the following Quizizz
8. Start Maker bot software. Lay out your project on the maker bot platform.
Song is Due
How to make end of year video:
The majority of my test or Formative Tests. It is for learning purposes. It also means you can keep taking the quiz/test until you have a perfect score..****READ and TAKE Chapter 17 Test today.
https://www.quia.com/quiz/5168295.htmlMake a RAP or song that has 20 lines.. You will present to the class your best 10 lines or ALL 20 bars!!
The topic of the RAP must be flight/engineering (drones, planes, robots etc)You must have a law or principle in it that is explained in the RAP or Song.
Must have 20 bars
Should have an order, rhythm , flow.
This flow or syntax you create must be EXPLAINED.. ie. eminem style
and then EXPLAIN why you like this style.
Read and watch the following:http://www.mtv.com/news/1687698/dr-dre-eminem-art-of-rap/
See the following video for homework.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooOL4T-BAg0I wrote the following from this lesson.
I can write bars with a double word beat.
Triple trouble, its absurd , can you feel the heat.What is the syntax?I have a new Karoke system with Mic that you will get to use. You can get someone else to sing your rap but you must
produce a video that YOU have some part in if you do not do a live solo presentation.**Notice that this project and the final CAP stone project can be done together with creativity and Hard work. You should have
a rough draft of your bars on Monday for me to check and 35 tech articles and your ALL of your tests on file.
Should have pic of your Pyramid, circuits, rockets, maglift etc. You can take a picture a chapter page that you like.
Explain the principle on this page you focused on.
Put your ten bars or 20 bar rap in the video..
368896 Class rules
951654 Boom to Bust
Tech Articles 237982
2. Enter the 5-digit game code 961587, and click “Proceed”
3. Now enter your name and click “Join Game!”
4. You will get an avatar, and then see a “Start Game” button. Click it to begin!
1. Open http://join.quizizz.com in your browser
2. Enter the 5-digit game code 67412, and click “Proceed”
3. Now enter your name and click “Join Game!”
4. You will get an avatar, and then see a “Start Game” button. Click it to begin!
NEW CODE 082692
Engineering II ONLY
Images for Tests
Engineering Process Test
Read the following quietly.
Take the following practice exam when finished.
Above the preparation to being certified in UAV @ choctaw.
How to make microphone
Aviation Class Code Quia FFP383v
Make sure you have 13 tech articles!!
Make sure you have taken the following test:
If you forgot your quia log in to take the above test then you will need to make another account using the code at the very top of this page.
No entry to the hanger
Read Electronic Safety
Answer the following questions in your Engineering Notebook:
- What causes a short circuit? Why is a short circuit dangerous?
- Identify an electric safety feature and explain how it works.
- Create an illustrated poster to share electric safety rules with other people your age. Include at least three safety rules in your poster.
Answer in Engineering Notebook
- What is an electric field?
- Create a sketch showing how the electric fields of two negatively charged particles interact.
Sign up for the above class!
1. Identify the need or problem
2. Research the need or problem and three dimensions • Examine current state of the issue and current solutions.
3. Develop possible solutions • Brainstorm possible solutions
4. Select the best possible solution(s) Discuss societal impact and trade-offs of • Determine which solution(s) best meet(s) the solutions the original requirements
5. Construct a prototype • Model the selected solution(s) in two
6. Test and evaluate the solution(s) • Explore other options via the internet, Does it work library, interviews, etc. Does it meet the original design constraints
7. Communicate the solution(s) • Draw on mathematics and science Make an engineering presentation that • Articulate the possible solutions in two includes a discussion of how the solution(s) and three dimensions best meet(s) the needs of the initial problem, opportunity, or need.
8. Redesign • Overhaul the solution(s) based on information gathered during the tests and presentation
Engineering 9 weeks Exam
7 tech articles due
Finish Engineering lessons
Make sure all pictures of projects are in your folder
Flight Sim when you are done!
Engineering Short Book <–download to your folder.
Please read quitely, review and study the following activity and bring an empty bottle cap and an old CD. I will supply everything else!
Answer the following in a document called Engineering Notebook!
What happens when you roll an object across the ground over grass vs. the sidewalk.
How can two surfaces have no friction between them?
Read the first 20 pages above! Know the questions on page 10. Catch up on tech articles! You should have Four!
Flight swim if all work is complete.
It is important for all engineering students to know basic aerodynamics!
We will be brushing through some of the chapters since Aerospace Engineering is a hot topic and a very lucrative career. Some of you have had these basics so you can skim and take a quick practice exam below. Take it again if necessary.
Intro to flight Chapter 1 Read quietly!
Take practice Quiz
There is some fantastic engineering challenges at the link below: